The new MINI John Cooper Works
- Green light for the latest edition of the top athlete in the small car segment; the new MINI John Cooper Works combines authentic race feeling with the premium characteristics and extended product substance of the latest MINI Generation; distinctive, tradition-steeped, based on a vehicle concept combining MINI and John Cooper Works, with performance qualities which are exceptional within the competitive environment.
- Extreme driving fun and exclusive charisma based on technology for engine, suspension and aerodynamics derived directly from motor racing as well as model-specific design features for the exterior and interior; greater differentiation from the MINI 3 door highlights the model's individual character.
- Most powerful engine ever fitted in a serial production model of the British premium brand; 2.0-litre 4-cylinder spark ignition engine developed based on well-established racing expertise drawing on the latest generation of power units with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology; output increased to 170 kW/231 hp, performance-oriented power delivery and highly emotional sound due to specific design of pistons, turbocharger and exhaust system, combined fuel consumption according to EU: 6.7 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions: 155 g/km.
- Engine output increased by 10 per cent as compared to predecessor model; maximum torque increased by 23 per cent to 320 Newton metres; 6-speed manual transmission as standard, 6-speed Steptronic sports transmission as an option; acceleration from zero to 100 km/h in 6.3 seconds (minus 0.2 seconds) with manual transmission or 6.1 seconds (minus 0.6 seconds) with automatic; elasticity improved by 10 per cent (80 – 120 km/h in 5.6 seconds); 6-speed manual transmission as standard, 6-speed Steptronic sports transmission as an optional extra; fuel consumption and CO2 levels in conjunction with automatic transmission reduced by approximately 20 per cent to 5.7 l/100 km and 133 g/km in the EU test cycle.
- Suspension technology precisely harmonised with the power and performance characteristics of the engine; newly developed Brembo sports brake system; exclusive 17-inch John Cooper Works Race Spoke light alloy wheels; electromechanical power steering with Servotronic; Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC), Electronic Differential Lock Control (EDLC) and Performance Control; Dynamic Damper Control optionally available.
- Aerodynamically optimised body design: model-specific front apron with large cooling air inlets which also occupy the space allocated to the fog lamps in the MINI 3 door; distinctive side sill and rear apron design; John Cooper Works rear spoiler.
- Unmistakable appearance due to model-specific design and equipment features; LED headlamps with white direction indicators; wheel arch surround with distinctive contours; radiator grille, side scuttles and tailgate with John Cooper Works label; sports exhaust system with special tailpipes; new Rebel Green body paint finish available exclusively for the new MINI John Cooper Works.
- Characteristic sports car flair in the interior; exclusive John Cooper Works sports seats in Dinamica/fabric with integrated headrests; John Cooper Works entry sills; John Cooper Works steering wheel with multifunction buttons and shift paddles in conjunction with 6-speed Steptronic sports transmission; John Cooper Works gear lever or selector lever; cockpit displays, central instrument display and car key in model-specific design; pedals and driver footrest in stainless steel; anthracite roof liner; Driving Excitement package as standard.
- Weight-optimised and crash-optimised body structure; vehicle weight the same as the predecessor model when adjusted for equipment features; standard safety fittings include front and side airbags, side curtain airbags, 3-point automatic belts on all seats, with belt tensioners and belt force limiters at the front, ISOFIX children's seat attachment at the rear and optionally also on the front passenger seat, tyre pressure control and partially active engine compartment lid for optimised pedestrian protection.
- Additional emphasis of the exclusive character of the new MINI John Cooper Works due to model-specific special equipment features and John Cooper Works Tuning accessories; optional MINI Head-Up Display with exclusive display content; roof and exterior mirror covers in Chili Red; 18-inch John Cooper Works light alloy wheels, John Cooper Works bonnet stripes and perfectly harmonised exterior and interior components in the John Cooper Works Pro design line available as part of the MINI Original Accessories program.
- High-end options to increase driving fun, comfort and safety: Park Distance Control; parking assistant; rear view camera; Driving Assistant including camera-based active cruise control, collision and pedestrian warning with initial brake function, high beam assistant and road sign detection; lighting package with LED interior ambient lighting with continuously variable colour adjustment; Comfort Access: electrically operated glass roof; interior and exterior mirror with automatic anti-dazzle function; seat heating; 2-zone automatic air conditioning; MINI navigation system; MINI navigation system Professional; MINI Radio Visual Boost; Harman Kardon hi-fi speaker system; additional customisation options with roof and exterior mirror graphics, bonnet stripes, seat upholsteries, interior surfaces and Colour Lines as well as particularly high-quality MINI Yours features.
- Diverse MINI Connected in-car infotainment program; Intelligent Emergency Call and MINI TeleServices available for use with permanently installed SIM card; wide range of functions and the opportunity for ongoing expansion due to apps that allow integration in the car via smartphone; exclusive MINI functions such as Mission Control, Dynamic Music, Driving Excitement and MINIMALISM; MINI Connected XL Journey Mate with Real Time Traffic Radar; online connection also allows the use of social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, foursquare and Glympse, the reception of RSS news feeds and entertainment features such as Spotify, GoPro, AUPEO!, Stitcher, Deezer, Audible, Napster/Rhapsody and TuneIn.
- Engines, driving performance figures, fuel consumption and emissions figures:
- MINI John Cooper Works: 4-cylinder petrol engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology (turbocharging, direct injection, fully variable valve control, variable camshaft control),
capacity: 1 998 cc, output: 170 kW/231 hp at 5 200 – 6 000 rpm, max. torque: 320 Nm at 1 250 – 4 800 rpm,
acceleration (0–100 km/h): 6.3 seconds (automatic: 6.1 seconds),
top speed: 246 km/h (246 km/h), average fuel consumption according to EU: 6.7 litres (5.7 litres)/100 kilometres,
CO2 emissions according to EU: 155 g/km (133 g/km), exhaust emission standard: EU6.
- Exterior dimensions:
Length: 3 874 millimetres
Width: 1 727 millimetres
Height: 1 414 millimetres
Wheelbase: 2 495 millimetres
The new BMW M6 Coupe
The new BMW M6 Coupe and new BMW M6 Gran Coupe (fuel consumption combined: 9.9 l/100 km [28.5 mpg imp]*; CO2 emissions combined: 231 g/km*) and new BMW M6 Convertible (fuel consumption combined: 10.3 l/100 km [27.4 mpg imp]*; CO2 emissions combined: 239 g/km*) allow BMW M GmbH to restate its leadership in the high-performance luxury segment. The outgoing models had already set new benchmarks with the flawless balance of power, efficiency, agility, comfort and luxury that is typical of M models. And now the new BMW M6 Coupe, new BMW M6 Convertible and new BMW M6 Gran Coupe are poised to write a fresh chapter in this success story, fuelled by an even more finely honed, well-resolved overall concept.
The new BMW M6 Coupe, new BMW M6 Convertible and new BMW M6 Gran Coupe announce their high-performance credentials before they even turn a wheel thanks to their athletic and dynamic appearance. A front end with new, standard-fitted LED headlights makes their intentions immediately clear – the M‑specific double-bar kidney grille and eye-catching front apron with large air intakes see to that. The powerfully sculpted front wings with hallmark M gills (including integrated side indicators), the side skirts and the exclusive forged 19-inch M light-alloy wheels (BMW M6 Gran Coupe exclusive forged 20-inch M light-alloy wheels) only add to this impression. The sporting looks of the new BMW M6 Coupe, new BMW M6 Convertible and new BMW M6 Gran Coupe are rounded off by a rear apron with integrated diffuser insert, two sets of M-specific twin tailpipes and the M6 logo on the boot lid. Another exclusive M feature is the ultra-lightweight contoured carbon roof of the new BMW M6 Coupe and new BMW M6 Gran Coupe, which also helps to lower the cars’ centre of gravity visually.
Full-pavè Calibre R822 "Predator" by Roland Iten
The seriously playful Roland Iten Calibre R822 "Predator" mechanical belt buckle features four impressive complications. The “Predator” is designed, manufactured and assembled to ensure that all mechanisms are self-cleaning with no lubrication required. The white gold body with red gold accents is fully-diamond-set with 387 diamonds totalling 14.15 carats, while the platform is made from high-tech titanium.
The full-pavé set "Predator" features four complications for:
· Quick and simple changes of the leather strap.
· Effortless engagement of the buckle with the leather strap.
· One-handed operation of the buckle to tighten the leather strap.
· One-handed operation of the buckle to loosen the leather strap.
In true Roland Iten style, Roland conceived the Calibre R822 "Predator" calibre with wearer comfort in mind. To that end, the Predator’s ergonomic design allows the wearer to:
· Quickly change the leather strap for another to complement attire.
· Insert the end of the leather strap in the buckle so that the double ardillion tang engages effortlessly with the holes in the leather strap.
· Easily tighten or loosen the leather strap with just one hand. Security pushers ensure against accidental release.
Operating the Calibre R822 is a veritable tactile pleasure. The “Predator” offers a simple one-handed adjustment for two positions, e.g. driving/sitting (looser) or walking/sport (tighter). It is equipped with 16 (two rows of eight) self-cleaning track wheels that guide the ardillion slide precisely and securely, while a sprung ball bearing tensioner and dampener ensure smooth operation.
A patented, in-line double ardillion enables the pins to have a smaller diameter than the holes in the strap. The equal weight distribution offers resistance-free operation, minimizes wear, and maximizes security.
The Calibre R822 "Predator" dazzles thanks to 387 VVS1+ quality baguette-cut and round-cut diamonds which total 14.15 carats and adorn the buckle body.
The Roland Iten Calibre R822 "Predator" quadruple complication belt buckle is a diamond-set model in an ultra-exclusive limited edition of just 3 pieces.
Calibre R822 "Predator" Technical Specifications
Limited edition of three full-diamond-set pieces in white gold.
Features: Four complications including safety catches to minimise accidental release of belt or buckle opening.
Materials: 18K white gold with titanium frame
Gems: 387 TW VVs1+ baguette-cut and round-cut diamonds, 14.15 carats
Gems: 387 TW VVs1+ baguette-cut and round-cut diamonds, 14.15 carats
Total weight: 160 grams
Gold weight: 77 grams
No. of axels: 10 (plus the 16 track wheels)
No. of components: 167
Finishing: Haute horlogerie level of fine finishing
100% Swiss made
Audemars Piguet - Acoustic Research – Episode 1
Exceptional engineering and the power of sound merge in one of the most innovative concept watches created by a Swiss haute horlogerie watchmaking house. The result of an in-depth eight-year sound research programme with three patents pending, this new Royal Oak Concept watch, a unique prototype, will be unveiled by Audemars Piguet at the Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie 2015 (SIHH) in Geneva
Engineered within Audemars Piguet’s acoustic research lab, this new Royal Oak Concept is the first chiming watch so acoustically considered as to become a sound concept in its own right. It has been sonically developed through an ongoing acoustic study programme in collaboration with the EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne) and it took three years to transfer that technological study into a watch concept. The result is scientifically defined sonic targets for watchmakers to measure and attain the ‘perfect’ minute repeater sound at a volume level never achieved before.
By applying the principles of stringed instrument making, Audemars Piguet has made a breakthrough in the acoustic quality of chiming watch technology and significantly enhanced sound transmission. In parallel, the Manufacture has innovated to overcome the necessary restrictions of water-resistance, which naturally dampens volume, with creative solutions increasing sound intensity. Finally, to further improve sound perception, Audemars Piguet developed a new – almost silent – striking mechanism regulator. The result? The volume, pitch, tones and harmony of sound in a modern water-resistant minute repeater watch are all scientifically enhanced.
For the first time in the history of chiming wristwatches, this timepiece isn’t a minute repeater simply meant for the confidential use of its wearer. Instead, its unique sound becomes a powerful experience to be shared.
The family-owned watchmaker took a passionate as well as a technological approach to the study programme, engaging a carefully chosen community of researchers, including watchmakers, artisans, technicians and academics. The inner working of musical instruments was explored by a stringed instrument maker, an esteemed academic of the Geneva conservatory contributed on the subject of perceived sound, and an engineer from EPFL worked to improve sonic quality. Each added to the texture of the research programme, preventing it from becoming a simple academic exercise and highlighting sound as an expressive tool.
This new piece is a milestone in Audemars Piguet’s rich history of creating inventive, masterful and unique concepts: it breaks the rules of chiming watches by mastering sound.
Hand-wound Manufacture movement with minute repeater, tourbillon and column-wheel chronograph
Total diameter 29.90 mm (13 ¼ lignes)
Minimal guaranteed power reserve > 48 h
Frequency of balance wheel 3 Hz (21,600 vibrations / hour)
Titanium case, Titanium bezel, titanium push piece guards.
Diameter: 44 mm
Water Resistance: 20 m
Black dial, black counters, Royal Oak concept hands with luminescent coating.
Black rubber with titanium folding buckle
Hours and minutes
Chronograph with central sweep-seconds hand, 30-minute counter (at 3 o’clock)
Chanel Mademoiselle Privé
Opening the doors to the intimate world of Gabrielle Chanel, the new jewelry watch collection, MADEMOISELLE PRIVÉ, is a showcase for the symbols Mademoiselle dearly cherished and the element she loved to have around her.
MADEMOISELLE PRIVÉ, two words found on her design-studio door, at rue Cambon in Paris. Gabrielle Chanel was attached to a poetic language, and the MADEMOISELLE PRIVÉ collection offers unique interpretations in combinations of Métiers d'Art watchmaking techniques and High Jewelry.
In the hands of the most talented artist-craftsmen, enamellers, engravers and setters, this collection writes a brand new page in the creative story of CHANEL and becomes a field of expression for excellence in know-how.
Originally associated with masculine dress, 19th-century dandies wore them in their buttonholes, Mademoiselle Chanel laid claim to camellias for her feminine wardrobe. Today, produced in a wide range of materials and forms the camellia is one of the key symbols of the House of CHANEL, which never ceases re-interpreting it through its watchmaking and fine jewellery collections. Pure, without perfume or thorns and an evergreen that flowers in winter, the camellia became Mademoiselle Chanel’s favourite flower. It can be found on entering her apartment at 31, rue Cambon on the Coromandel screens, in the central chandelier and in a rock-crystal bouquet.
Mademoiselle Privé Watch with Embroidered Camellia
For almost a century, the House of Lesage has been embroidering elaborate designs for all the top names in haute couture and fashion, and continues perpetuating its exceptional know-how. For the very first time in watchmaking, diamonds and fine pearls have been embroidered.
Fine pearls stitched with gold and silk threads, rose-cut diamonds, flakes of gold and gold seed-stitch form precious camellias on ink-black fabric.
The tour de force is found in how the thickness of the embroidery fits into the extremely thin watchcase and how the hands turn just above the raised seed-stitch. The small dial surface, 37.5 mm in diameter, requires all the embroiderer’s exactitude and precision and each camellia produced by hand and needle reveals all her freedom and dexterity. Each dial is an exceptional and unique piece.
To pay homage to this masterwork, CHANEL has removed the crown and achieved a perfectly round watchcase.
1. Design drawing: the outline of the embroidery is reproduced on tracing paper.
2. "Piquetage”: The design’s outline is perforated.
3. Transfer: With talc, the design is transferred on to the fabric through the perforations.
4. Embroidery: Using pearls, gold flakes, diamonds, silk and gold threads the embroiderer starts work on the design.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)