The Vulcan 1700 Vaquero has an impressive presence that lets everyone know this big, stylish V-twin bagger excels on the open road. Engineered and built for long-term dependability the Vaquero also brings a healthy dose of practicality in addition to its dominating presence. Its roomy cockpit and long list of standard features like electronic cruise control and a high output audio system make this much more than just a powerful cruiser, they give the Vaquero the impressive ability to handle a night on the town or a week on the road with an equal measure of grace and style!
• Aggressive blacked-out looks and strong styling cues emphasize the simple character of the body shapes
• Low seat height with sporty one-piece seat contributes to long, low classic “bagger” look
• Unique “muscle car” styled instrumentation keeps the rider fully informed
• 1,700cc V-twin puts out loads of torque and offers outstanding passing power
• 6-speed transmission allows for relaxed cruising
• Electronic throttle actuation system helps ensure optimized injector timing and throttle valve position, resulting in an accurate, powerful engine response
• Electronic cruise control maintains speed for more comfort on long trips
• Frame-mounted front fairing directs aerodynamic forces to the chassis to keep steering feel light
• Audio system has FM, AM and WX and is compatible with iPod, XM tuner, select GPS units, or a CB radio
• Twin tapered mufflers maximize saddlebag capacity
• Includes a 36 month limited factory warranty that can be supplemented with up to an additional 36 months of Kawasaki’s Good Times™ Protection Plan. That’s a total of up to an amazing SIX YEARS of coverage!
Powerful 1700 cc V-Twin engine
• Fuel-injected 52-degree 1,700cc V-twin is liquid-cooled and features four valves per cylinder
• Long-stroke 102 x 104mm bore and stroke dimensions deliver high torque levels with a powerful and distinct V-twin feel
• Valve-actuation system uses a single overhead cam arrangement instead of pushrods for quicker revving and enhanced mid-high rpm power
• Semi-dry sump design allows lower crankshaft positioning and a longer piston stroke without increasing engine height
• Single-pin crankshaft accentuates the engine’s V-twin character by providing strong power pulses
• Large-capacity airbox is located on both sides of the engine
• Small-diameter iridium sparkplugs reach deep into the combustion chamber for high combustion efficiency, especially during low-load operation
• Engine tuning, combined with long-stroke design, offers superior acceleration in the 50-70 mph range
• Even in overdrive (5th and 6th gear) the engine pulls strongly, making highway passing easier
Engine Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valve per cylinder, 52° V-twin
Displacement 1,700cc / 103.7ci
Bore x Stroke 102 x 104mm
Compression ratio 9.5:1
Maximum Torque 108 lb-ft @ 2,750 rpm
Cooling System Liquid, plus cooling fins
Ignition TCBI with Digital Advance
Induction Digital fuel injection, dual 42mm throttle bodies
Transmission 6-speed with overdrive and positive neutral finder
Final Drive Belt
Frame Type Steel, double-cradle with box-section single-tube backbone
Rake/Trail 30° / 7.0 in.
Front Suspension / wheel travel 45mm hydraulic fork / 5.5 in.
Rear Suspension / wheel travel Swingarm with twin air-assisted shocks, with 4-way rebound damping / 3.1 in.
Front Tire Size 130/90x16
Rear Tire Size 170/70x16
Brakes, front / rear Dual 300mm discs, dual twin-piston calipers / Single 300mm disc, twin-piston caliper
Overall length 98.8 in.
Overall width 38.2 in.
Overall height 50.8 in.
Ground Clearance 5.7 in.
Seat height 28.7 in.
Curb weight 835.7 lbs.**
Wheelbase 65.6 in.
Fuel capacity 5.3 gal.
Color Choices Metallic Flat Spark Black
** Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90-percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).